The benefits of ESG reporting
Meeting ESG requirements, and conducting the activities to do this, come with many business benefits.
- Satisfy investor requirements and be a more attractive investment prospect by showing good ESG management.
- Reduce operating costs through efficient energy management.
- Drive productivity across your supply chain by addressing ESG issues, especially social. Research shows many links between worker wellbeing, including good health and decent wages, and productivity.
- Manage sustainability risks and drive positive impact by addressing ESG issues.
- Meet legislative requirements, such as producing modern slavery statements.
- Improve your reputation with customers, employees and business partners by demonstrating commitment to socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
ESG concerns influence half of all consumers, PwC research finds.3
of Morningstar ESG indexes outperformed their non-ESG equivalents in 2017-2021.4
The benefits of supply chain data for ESG reporting
Gathering supply chain data alongside information on your own operations will help you prepare for future reporting requirements, earn better ESG ratings by demonstrating that your business goes beyond minimum requirements, and supports activities like legislative compliance and meeting sustainability targets.
We encourage businesses to build better visibility of their supply chains for these reasons and more – for the operational, reputational and financial benefits associated with effective supply chain and risk management, and to support your company’s long-term sustainability.
Share this page